Saturday 20 October 2012

Week 8

This week started off with my first ever Senior Debating competition. I was speaking alongside Andrew Blennerhassett in the first round of the Leinster's Schools Debating Competition in Trinity on the motion that This House Would Remove All Academic Tests for Children Under the Age of 16. We were speaking in Third Proposition and we were in a really tough room. Two teams and two individual speakers get through from each round and Andrew and I got through with Belvedere. I was really happy because it was the first time I had ever spoken with Andrew and it was my first senior competition.
Wednesday was a massive day as I had the Regional Final of the All Island School Choir Competition in Drogheda. We got a bus up there really early as we had a camera rehearsal at two o'clock. After our rehearsal we had almost 4 hours before our performance so we went over to the massive Tesco across the road and spent half an hour in there! We then spent the rest of the day doing homework....and makeup! I was soooooo nervous because it was going to be on TV and our camera rehearsal didn't go well at all but I had the best time performing on stage. Our performance didn't go that well and the other choirs were all amazing so when the judges went to make their decision I was convinced we weren't getting through and I kept saying it to everyone! I was sure Sandford Park would be the choir that got through to the National Final....but, lo and behold, we got through!!!!!!I was in disbelief and I just jumped up and down, screaming! We got an almighty shock when we were told that we had to go and perform again but it was the best we had performed the song because we were so happy! We are going to be performing in the Titanic Quarter in Belfast on Rememberance Sunday...I can't wait!
That was exhausting as I didn't get home until half eleven and then I had to do my Legal Studies homework but there was no let up on Thursday! I had a Prize Night rehearsal for the last two periods, followed by a Senior Choir rehearsal, followed by play rehearsals, followed by Prize Night so I had a very long day!



Luckily the next day was a school trip to Causey Farm! It exceeded my expectations by a million miles, I had soooooooooo much fun!!! We made bread, went to a pretend wake, we went to a bog and we saw pigs(my favourite animals). The best part was the end when we went into a haunted house type of thing. It was the most terrifying experience of my life! I expected it to be ghosts and skeletons to pop out at you but it was much, much worse than that! It was pitch black and silent and there were real actors that ran towards you and grabbed at you! I screamed my entire way around it! I was shaking for about half and hour after it and my mouth was dry but I really enjoyed it all the same!!

No comments:

Post a Comment