Thursday 16 May 2013

Week 24

This was the week before the Easter holidays. The week itself was quite uneventful but I was preparing for SAIMUN in the first week of Easter. This was the St. Andrew's International Model United Nations Conference which was being held in the Royal Marine Hotel in Dun Laoighare. I was the ambassador for the Wesley delegation that were representing the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea).
The conference was four days long and we spent the four days debating resolutions in committees and in General Assembly. I had to make an ambassador's opening speech in front of the 700 delegates and 200 admin staff on the first day which was really fun! I then merged my resolution on data privacy and protection with three other countries. I was put down as the main submitter which meant that I was the main author of the resolution, which was chosen to be debated in my committee, Political 2.
I had to speak in front of my committee of 150 delegates about my resolution and tell them why they should agree with it. As North Korea, I did not think my resolution would be passed, especially since it was about data privacy! But, it was actually passed in the end but, unfortunately, wasn't debated in General Assembly!
It was a great four days and made me even more enthusiastic about MUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment